FOR THE LATEST ERMC COVID-19 UPDATES, PLEASE VISIT https://www.eatonrapidsmedicalcenter.org/coronavirus
In the midst of all the discussion regarding COVID-19 (the official name given to the Coronavirus by the World Health Organization on February 11, 2020) we wanted to share a few pieces of valuable information regarding what we have been doing here at ERMC to keep our patients, staff, and community safe.
What We’re Doing in Our Facility
- As information is updated and changed we review and distribute the most current alerts and resources to staff via email. We also participate in conference calls and exercises, and use that information to guide and update our preparedness plan.
- Our Emergency Department has an action plan and resource packet, as well as contact lists for who needs to be notified if a patient should present with possible COVID-19.
- Environmental Services and Infection Prevention have determined appropriate disinfectants and our Laboratory Manager is updating our specimen collection and testing processes for COVID-19.
- We have also expanded our travel, communicable disease exposure, and symptom screening to the scheduling and registration process.
- We have limited the points of entry into the hospital so we can properly screen patients and visitors.
These are just a few of the many measures our Infection Prevention and Emergency Preparedness teams have taken to keep ERMC healthy. The most important way for everyone to help is to be vigilant with the basics – washing hands, covering coughs, and offering masks to those arriving at ERMC with coughing illnesses. Patient information sheets can be found in the Main Registration area and the Emergency Department. Everyone has a role in preventing the spread of communicable illnesses, and we appreciate each of you for taking these important measures into account.
If you suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and have a fever, cough, and other respiratory symptoms, please call 517.663.2671 before visiting ERMC for further guidance. For additional information, please visit https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-339-71550_5104_97675—,00.html.