Swing Bed Program
Call Lisa Jackinchuk, LMSW Swing Bed Coordinator at
Call for more information or to arrange a stay.
Comprehensive, hospital-based skilled care, close to home
The Swing Bed Program is designed to help if you are no longer in need of acute care in a hospital, but still need skilled care before returning home. Even if you have received inpatient care or surgery at another hospital, you can choose Eaton Rapids Medical Center for Swing Bed care.
Benefits of a Swing Bed Program:
- Recovery in a safe and secure environment
- Skilled nurses and physicians available 24 hours a day
- Access to health care specialists, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, respiratory therapists and dietitians
- Discharge planning services to arrange for home health therapies, nursing, supportive care and other services you may need when you return home
- Coordinated team services to help address nutrition, pain and medical management while your strength and function improves enough to return home
Stays are anticipated to be short-term and can be utilized for a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Heart Disease
- Joint Replacement and Other Surgeries
- Respiratory Disease
- Newly Diagnosed Diabetes
- Extended IV Antibiotic Therapy
A variety of insurances are accepted, including Medicare.