In alignment with the commitment made by the Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) Board of Trustees at their Nov. 4, 2020 meeting, Eaton Rapids Medical Center makes the following pledge to do our part in addressing systemic racism and health inequities that affect people of color and all marginalized populations in our communities. We have a unique responsibility to do this: healthcare is the largest employment sector in Michigan, meaning that we can lead by example in hiring practices and economic opportunity for all. At the same time, access to quality, affordable healthcare is extraordinarily important, and the current data on health disparities indicates a significant opportunity for improvement.
Specifically, the MHA and its members pledge to do the following:
- We pledge to listen. We will seek input from our employees, volunteers, medical staff, trustees, patients and families, business partners, and communities. We will do so in a variety of ways, to ensure that all voices are truly heard. We will facilitate and engage in community conversations about race, social determinants of health, implicit bias, and ways to identify and address local
disparities in health outcomes.
- We pledge to act. We will do our part to identify and address disparities, put an end to systemic racism, and remove any and all barriers to health equity within our organizations and including partners within our communities. We will continue and strengthen the work we have already initiated to ensure equitable access to safe high-quality healthcare for all Michiganders. We will continue our strident advocacy for funding and regulatory policy at the state and federal levels
that are critical to eliminating bias and removing healthcare disparities to achieve equitable outcomes.
- We pledge to lead. We will ensure that equity and inclusion are embedded within our organizational values and then operationalize those values through policy and practice. We will hold each other accountable to those values and provide education and support to our staff, medical providers, students and volunteers on cultural competence, implicit bias and healthcare disparities.
Eaton Rapids Medical Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Eaton Rapids Medical Center does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Eaton Rapids Medical Center:
Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that Eaton Rapids Medical Center has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with our Patient Experience Director at (517) 663-9442. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Patient Experience Director is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-517-663-9404.
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-517-663-9404.
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-517-663-9404.
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 1-517-663-9404.
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-517-663-9404.
ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغویة تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم 1-517-663-9404 رقم
UWAGA: Jeżeli mówisz po polsku, możesz skorzystać z bezpłatnej pomocy językowej. Zadzwoń pod numer 1-517-663-9404.
ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l’italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero 1-517-663-9404.
ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 1-517-663-9404.
লয্ করনঃ যিদ আপিন বাংলা, কথা বলেত পােরন, তাহেল িনঃখরচায় ভাষা সহায়তা পিরেষবা উপল আেছ। েফান করন ১-517-663-9404
OBAVJEŠTENJE: Ako govorite srpsko-hrvatski, usluge jezičke pomoći dostupne su vam besplatno. Nazovite 1-517-663-9404.
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-517-663-9404.
KUJDES: Nëse flitni shqip, për ju ka në dispozicion shërbime të asistencës gjuhësore, pa pagesë. Telefononi në 1-517-663-9404.